The following is the uniform policy for the 2022-2023 school year. Please refer to this page before making
uniform purchases. For the complete dress code, refer to the School of Saint Mary Handbook.
K-5 Girls: A white blouse or a white or navy blue knit shirt with a collar is required (no logo).
K-5 Boys: A white or ash gray knit shirt with a collar is required (no logo).
6-8 Girls & Boys: A blue or white oxford shirt or white knit shirt with a collar is required (no logo).
- During colder weather, white turtlenecks may be worn under the uniform shirt.
- The gray knit shirt for K-5 boys needs to be the ash gray color.
- T-shirts may be worn under the regular uniform shirt, but these need to be solid white. T-shirts with any type of design or writing on them, including SOSM spirit wear t-shirts, may not be worn under the uniform shirt.
- Wednesday is school theme t-shirt day. The approved t-shirt may be worn with uniform jumpers, skirts and
pants. Shirts are for purchase through the Home and School spirit wear offerings.
K-4 Girls: SOSM traditional plaid jumper, navy blue drop waist jumper, SOSM plaid drop waist jumper or navy uniform pants.
K-5 Boys: Navy uniform pants or shorts
5th Girls Only: SOSM Plaid Skirt from traditional jumper or SOSM Box Pleat Plaid Skirt in MS style
6-8 Girls: SOSM Box Pleat Plaid or Box Pleat Khaki Skirt or khaki uniform pants
6-8 Boys: Khaki uniform pants or shorts
- The uniform jumpers and skirts should be the approved style from a uniform store such as C & J Uniforms. The skirt length should be 3 inches from the top of the knee or longer.
- The 5-8 Skirt Style is called the Stitched Down Box Pleat Skirt.
- Cargo pants/shorts and pants/shorts with large patch pockets or rivets are not acceptable. No joggers.
Pants or shorts with belt loops require that a belt be worn. Belts should be a solid color (navy, brown or black)
and may be leather or fabric.
Any athletic shoe. Boots of any kind are not allowed.
*Please make sure the shoe does not have a bottom that leaves scuffs on the floor.
Socks and leggings need to be solid navy, black, white or gray.
Navy sweaters (cardigan, pullover, crew neck or vest) are acceptable in all grades. SOSM navy crest wear
sweatshirts, quarter zip sweatshirts and fleece jackets are also allowed. Sweaters, sweatshirts and vests should
not be oversized. crest wear may be purchased and/or ordered at Registration.