Notes from Mrs. Maricle
1. FACTS/Renweb Student Portal Instructions:
The parents of students in grades 4-8 can view their student’s grades on the ParentPortal of the FACTS/Renweb system. The instructions are below.
- In Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer got to www.factsmgt.com and click Parent Login, select FACTS Family Portal.
- Select Create New Family Portal Account at the bottom of the form.
- Type in the school’s District Code (SOSM-OK) and your email address. Click Create New Family Portal Account.
- An email will be sent which includes a link to create your FACTS/Renweb login. The link is active for 6 hours.
ParentsWeb allows you to access:
- Student daily grades for students in grades 4-8.
- School events and announcements.
2. Grab and Go: We are going to be implementing the grab and go approval list starting next week. If you would like for your child/ren to purchase snacks and drinks from the Grab and Go section at lunch, please sign and return the form to the office. This is not needed for milk. The form was emailed to all families.
3. Substitutes: If you have any interest in serving as a sub in our building, please complete the form via the link below and I will schedule you for a phone interview. This is a paid position or can be used to fulfill service hours. Those interested must be 21 years of age or older and have at least 90 hours of post-secondary credit. Thanks!
4. Recess Amazon Wish List: Playground supplies are a premium item around a school especially during a pandemic. Below is our amazon wish list for the school year. If you want to donate, you can order via link below and the item will ship straight to the school. God Bless!
Link: https://a.co/3lXpH7v ***THANK YOU to those who have already sent orders!!!***
ZERO student or staff positives/exposures.
ZERO quarantine situations.
Volunteering: Last night I mentioned in the Back to School Talk that we really want to welcome back all our amazing volunteers. Father Jack and I visited a little more about this last night and believe we need to limit volunteers having student contact until the COVID numbers start trending down. We are committed to keeping our grade level cohorts with minimal level exposure to outside sources. The cafeteria, outdoor recess or non student contact activities such as copying for teachers or office tasks are great opportunities to take advantage of right now.
Note: We met with Air Assurance yesterday and in case you did not know, we have an air filtering system in the building that constantly pushes fresh air into the rooms. We are so blessed to have this extra layer of protection.
Note: We want families to be our partners in navigating school during a pandemic. If you have COVID comfort concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher. We are doing our very best to make accommodations as we can.
The School of Saint Mary Health and Wellness Plan for 2021-22 is posted below. We want to remind everyone that we review data often and we are committed to our plan being a evolving document based on trends in our area.
- Hearing- Friday, September 3rd for grades K-3 and 7th.
- Vision- Wednesday, September 8th for grades K-8th.
- Speech- Friday, September 10th for Kindergarten only.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Mitchell.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the start of school glitches while also navigating a lingering pandemic. Below are some important notes about drop-off and pick-up.
MORNING DROP-OFF: Our 6th graders are serving as Safety Patrol this year. Please follow the guidelines listed below.
- When dropping off, please pull all the way forward to the first available cone. Safety patrol will open the door and assist your child out.
- If your child is in a carseat, please have them ready to exit by unbuckling and being on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- DO NOT pull around other cars that are unloading.
- Please do not unload unless you are at a cone with a safety patrol student assisting.
- If you are parking and walking up, please park by the rectory on the north end of the parking lot and walk along the breezeway by the church.
AFTERNOON PICK-UP: We are still working on the carline, especially with the changing needs of the church construction. Number one….please be patient.
- Please do not park and load children when you are in the city street.
- If you are going to let your children play in the big field, you need to be inside the perimeter of the field watching them. It is a huge safety issue to have students running around that large of a field without proper supervision.
- If you are ONLY picking up a preschool child, you can park in the east end of the lot (small lot between the basketball goals) however you must be gone by 3:10pm.
- If you arriving after carline has started releasing, please pull up under the church overhang and wait for directions from staff.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE: Students will not be sent to after school care until 3:30 so please do not worry if you are at the very back end of the carline. 3:35pm is the time we do attendance for billing purposes. If you are running a few minutes late, just call the office and we will wait with the child/ren. We know life happens sometimes!