Updates/Information and Reminders:
- Christmas Book Club is due tomorrow – Friday, December 4th.
- Don’t forget to bring a coat for Levi’s Birthday Coat Drive – the drive ends December 15th.
- Cafeteria News: Cafeteria workers – click here to schedule your day to work in the cafeteria: CAFETERIA SCHEDULING
- If you are interested in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, please respond to this email. Applications will be available for pick up on Monday, January 4th.
The CDC has updated their quarantine guidelines for exposure to COVID-19. Click on the following link for complete guidelines: CDC COVID-19 Quarantine Guidelines.
The gold standard for quarantine after an exposure to the COVID-19 virus is 14 days, but in light of the hardship caused by an extended quarantine, the CDC has approved two shorter options.
Based on this new guidance and local availability of viral testing, for people without symptoms quarantine can end:
- On day 10 without testing
- On day 7 after receiving a negative test result from a specimen that was collected within 48 hours of return
After stopping quarantine, people should
- Watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
- If they have symptoms, immediately self-isolate and contact their local public health authority or healthcare provider.
- Wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet from others, wash their hands, avoid crowds, and take other steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
CDC continues to endorse quarantine for 14 days and recognizes that any quarantine shorter than 14 days balances reduced burden against a small possibility of spreading the virus.
In This FYI:
- Page 1 – Calendar, Cafeteria Scheduling
- Page 2 – Kindergarten 2021-2022, COVID Testing information, Levi Milosevich’s Coat Drive
- Page 3 – Christmas Card contest winners