School of Saint Mary
Admission and Re-enrollment
Suitability: In order to identify the needs of an applicant for admission or of a current student seeking re- enrollment by the School of Saint Mary, new applicants and current students shall be assessed yearly prior to acceptance or admission or re-enrollment. The determination of acceptance for admission or re-enrollment to the School shall be dependent upon the suitability of the School for the applicant/student, the applicant/student for the School, and the ability of the School to meet the needs of the applicant/student.
Admission Priority: The order of priority for acceptance of new students, who have met the Suitability requirements, shall be as follows:
- Children of Active Parishioners (as defined below) with siblings in the School of St. Mary (K-8)
- Children of Active Parishioners without siblings in the School of Saint Mary
- Children of non-Active Parishioners, non-Parish Catholics and non-Catholics with siblings in the School of Saint Mary
- All other applicants
Active Parishioner: To qualify as an “Active Parishioner” and to qualify for the Active Parishioner tuition rate, an applicant’s or current student’s Family (as defined below) will be considered based upon all of the following criteria:
- Registered at the Church of Saint Mary for a minimum of six months*
- Attendance at Mass at the Church of Saint Mary on a regular basis
- Financial support of the Parish, commensurate with one’s ability, through the consistent use of the envelope contribution system
- Active participation in Parish and/or School activities
- A minimum of 25 documented hours of active volunteer service to the School/Church of Saint Mary (applies to re-enrollment in grades 1-8 only)
Other factors, including length of service as an Active Parishioner, may be applied to determine order of admission and to establish an Enrollment Waiting List of applicants who have applied and been reviewed for admission but who have not yet been admitted. Note: “Family” is defined as the student, his or her brothers and/or sisters and his or her parent or parents. For purposes of admission and tuition policies, the fact that grandparents and/or other relatives of the student are Active Parishioners will not qualify the student for the Active Parishioner tuition rate or admission status except in extraordinary circumstances and upon application to the Pastor.
If an Active Parishioner Family with more than one school age child should apply for multi-level enrollment and should space not be available for each child, then those children not admitted will be placed on the Enrollment Waiting List after the names of other Active Parishioners already on that list.
Re-Enrollment: Current students seeking re-enrollment, must on an annual basis, meet the Suitability and Active Parishioner criteria as outlined above.
Other: Extenuating circumstances, as determined by the Principal and Pastor, may result in a variance of the foregoing policy.
*A family that moves to Tulsa from out of town or transfers their membership from another Catholic Church in Tulsa will receive the Active Parishioner tuition rate, provided a letter from their previous pastor verifies their attendance, financial support, and active participation at the former Church.